July 10, 2009 2:55 am
Highlights of the last month of school:
- Cheyenne Dee scored 21 on the ACT College entrance test. That is a very high score for a minority student.
- Zach scored 18 points in the All-star basketball game and was awarded the MVP trophy
- We did well in the annual academic meet – a contest among mission schools – especially in Bible and Bible memory.
- The juniors and seniors had a great trip to Florida – especially loving the beach. It was also their first time to fly. The saints in Orlando and Tampa were an invaluable help by housing the group.
- We had a wonderful graduation on May 15th. Six seniors and two eighth graders walked the aisle. The gym was decorated beautifully. Five of the six seniors are planning to go on to college.
- On the senior trip Tiffany had to go to the emergency room for an allergic reaction. She is fine but the bill was over $2,000. The Navajo tribe is refusing to pay. We have appealed that decision. Pray that they will do what is right.
- Two of the seniors graduated without coming to a saving knowledge of Christ. Pray for their salvation.
- Pray that the others will continue in the faith.
- Pray that we will have a full complement of teachers for next school year. At this time we still could use another high school teacher.
Categorised in: School